Wednesday, January 16, 2013

TEN ON THE SLED nesting dolls

Here's the set of nesting dolls I made for my agent, based on Liza Woodruff's delightful illustrations in our book, TEN ON THE SLED. I had a lot of fun doing these. They're made from two sets of 5 dolls each that I bought from "Bits and Pieces," a puzzle & game seller. They came already painted as homely little Russian dolls. I painted over them with with white paint and started from scratch. (Click on the photo to see a larger image.)

If you have a copy of TEN ON THE SLED and would like some activities, check out the FREE printable activity sheets in my Teachers-Pay-Teachers shop by clicking here.

Kim Norman


2 comments:

Ruth McNally Barshaw said...

Aww, they're so cute!! You did a good job following the original art. (Helps that you're so artistic too.)

Kim Bookwriter said...

Thanks, Ruth! Liza created such iconic characters. I love Moosey's leg warmers.

Kim